Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
Working with the marketing team and reporting to the Marketing Team Lead, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for building and executing social media strategies that align with the companies’ goals and initiatives. Responsibilities include generating and publishing daily content, optimizing company pages on various platforms, monitoring social channels, analyzing social data, and collaborating with other departments to manage reputation and coordinate actions.
What you’re great at
- Using various social media platforms and optimizing content for maximum engagement.
- Creating engaging social media content and growing social media channels.
- Verbal and written communication and consulting.
- Using social media analytics tools to track and measure the success of social media campaigns.
- Working independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and executing social media strategies designed to increase brand awareness and engagement, through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and target demographics.
- Creating and executing social media campaigns, including content creation, publishing schedules, and social media advertising.
- Creating and curating engaging content for all social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Monitoring social media channels and engage with our audience to build relationships and address inquiries and feedback.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in social media marketing
- Tracking and analyzing social media performance using analytics tools to generate reports and insights for continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field an asset.
- Proven experience creating engaging social media content and growing social media channels on behalf of an organization.
- Experience with social media advertising campaigns (Facebook and Instagram ads).
- Experience in graphic design and proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, or similar tools considered an asset.
- Proficiency in photography, including knowledge of lighting, composition, and editing techniques considered an asset.
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and investment matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve, and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Please send all resumes to: email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.