Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C., the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, the Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the day to day recruitment activities and overall recruitment strategies for the Westbow Group of Companies, and it’s subsidiary companies. You will be an integral partner to the business, and as a Recruitment Specialist, you will source, recruit and hire top talent for a variety of roles within our organization at the corporate and regional site level.
What you’re great at
- Building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professionally and effectively communicating with various groups and levels within the organization.
- Providing solutions towards finding top talent in a challenging market.
- Using a proactive and strategic approach in your daily recruitment efforts.
- Prioritizing and shifting focus as needed.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with hiring mangers and the People & Culture team on recruitment strategies and activities.
- Developing and implementing recruiting strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Sourcing and screening potential candidates using a variety of tools such as LinkedIn, job boards, and employee referrals.
- Coordinating and conducting interviews with candidates and make hiring recommendations.
- Managing the offer process and onboarding of new hires.
- Managing the candidate experience and finding ways to continuously make improvements.
- Tracking and reporting on recruiting metrics.
- Optimizing recruitment processes and efficiency and usage of the Applicant Tracking System.
- Working with and maintaining relationships with external vendors including recruitment agencies.
- Coordinating and participating in local job fairs.
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in recruitment.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of experience in a Recruitment specific role.
- Post Secondary education in a Business or Human Resources program considered an asset.
- Intermediate level proficiency with the MS Office Suite.
- Proven knowledge of recruitment best practices.
- Good business acumen along with the ability to recognize and understand the big picture.
- Excellent focus on customer service and providing quality experiences for internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Extremely organized with the ability to efficiently manage time and a high volume of tasks.
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and investment matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!