Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
As a Production Manager, you are great at keeping an eye on details, motivating your team and being on top of everything to increase our production. You are on constant search for improvement and help the company meet the demands of our products.
What you’re great at
- Having experience and knowledge in Manufacturing and Construction
- Having excellent time management skills
- Being a leader and a motivator
What you’ll be doing
- Creating production schedules for projects.
- Coordinating, coaching, motivating, monitoring, supervising, and directing employees on a daily basis to achieve goals and targets in meeting company expectations.
- Tracking build progress / timelines and coordinating with management and production staff daily on build progress.
- Monitoring the quality control and conducting testing procedures on builds.
- Creating daily work orders for all production team members.
- Ensuring all work is being carried out at maximum efficiency.
- Implementing new methods for improving the overall efficiency of the workshop.
- Implementing ideas for reducing waste construction materials.
- Motivating employees and maintain good shop morale.
- Ensuring compliance is maintained to the appropriate standards.
- Conducting Performance reviews for assigned employees and identifying requirement(s) for individual development.
- Participating in the recruitment and training process for new employees.
- Being responsible for special projects in order to ensure a continuous improvement of the shop.
- Conducting weekly crew meeting with all team members and maintain records of meetings.
- Participating in Team Leader meetings in order to discuss/solve inter-departmental issues and to drive internal and external projects actively.
- Ensuring workshop overall health and safety environment is maintained in accordance with Worksafe BC guidelines.
- Auditing and monitoring the condition of all tooling and equipment, and coordinate repairs/maintenance with other departments.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in production scheduling
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Background in manufacturing and/or engineering environments
- Background in local modular housing construction
- Background in people and project management
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Quantitative target setting and problem solving
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy and MS Office proficiency
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Commercially and financially aware
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and RRSP Matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Pay range for this position starts at $80,000 per year.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.