Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our Westbow Agriculture Division. Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for running the day to day operations of our dairy farm operation in Saskatchewan which is the second largest dairy farm in Canada. This position plays an essential role in the leadership team and will play an integral role in the success and growth of the company.
What you’re great at
- Recognizing and analyzing issues and proactively fixing problems.
- Managing people and leading teams towards success.
- Implementing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Keeping organized and focused on the details.
- Maintaining and upholding the company culture through the mission, vision and values.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating and working closely with the General Manager.
- Managing and streamlining daily operations of the dairy farm including production and distribution.
- Ensuring the farm is operating efficiently including monitoring costs, managing budgets and improving productivity and profitability.
- Supervising employees, and leading, coaching and developing team members.
- Monitoring and adjusting systems and processes such as the management of feed costs and movement.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years in an operational leadership role.
- Education and/or experience in agronomy, nutrition or agriculture considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate with various groups at all levels.
- A proactive attitude with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and provide hands on support to the team when needed.
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and investment matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve, and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!