Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
As the Learning & Development Business Partner, you have a fundamental role to support the Westbow Group business units as they strive to grow operational efficiency and invest in the development of current team members to prepare them to scale. As a key member of the Learning & Development team, you will prioritize the digital delivery of learning for personal growth and professional career development.
What you’re great at
- Understanding lifecycle management of learning programs
- Problem solving and providing solutions
- Working collaboratively in a team
- Keeping organized
- Building and maintaining internal & external relationships
What you’ll be doing
- Support the Learning & Development team in meeting our strategic ambitions for Westbow team members and the quality of the services we provide throughout the group of companies.
- Conduct needs analysis and strategic learning assessments to create the basis for developing learning solutions to develop clear instructional, learning, and performance objectives for the target audience.
- Source external vendors, as needed, including negotiating, and contracting.
- Partner with the People & Culture team to ensure alignment when it comes to team member growth and development issues.
- Develop and maintain processes to measure the impact and ROI of Learning & Development programs.
- Support and facilitate different learning channels, face-to-face, group, blended or digital modes of training.
- Serve as liaison between business units and Learning & Development.
- Develop Learning & Development metrics using data extracts from WestbowU – our LMS.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience implementing learning strategies and programs for end users.
- Knowledge of technology platforms related to learning & development.
- Knowledge of human behavior and motivation, and ability to foster an environment conducive to learning.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Power Point and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with employees.
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in Business, Communication, English, Philosophy, Psychology, or related field.
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and RRSP Matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Salary range: $70,000-$85,000 per year