Customer Care Deficiency Supervisor
Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the Deficiency Supervisor is an industry professional responsible for coordinating maintenance and repair work for residential and asset-managed properties. This role will manage site workers and subcontractors and will coordinate the deficiency workflow including scheduling and coordination with customers while providing exemplary customer service and satisfaction.
What you’re great at
- Prioritizing customers and providing outstanding customer service.
- Effectively leading a team and external subcontractors.
- Recognizing issues and providing solutions with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Working with and communicating with various levels and groups of people.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting property management rentals and workflow direction.
- Managing, coordinating and directing staff schedules to warrantable work in accordance. with the Residential Performance Guide and New Home Warranty.
- Evaluating the legitimacy of warrantable claims, and actively working with customers, staff and trades to turnaround accepted deficiency items quickly.
- Working actively to lower total deficiencies.
- Working to actively improve quality by communicating often found deficiencies to project management.
- Advising customers on warranty parameters and building standards and investigating on their behalf as needed.
- Ensuring or directing the items on the care tracker are crossed off and entered accurately.
- Acting on Westbow’s core values and striving to continuously improve all facets of the role.
- Providing over-arching technical construction knowledge and mentorship.
- Ensuring sufficient follow-up with customer or trade to confirm jobs are satisfactorily completed.
- Conducting employee reviews as required.
- Monitoring and reaching set KPI’s as set by the department.
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience within the residential building and construction industry.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience working with trades, subcontractors, and construction site staff.
- Knowledge of BC building codes and general construction terminology.
- Problem solving and solution-oriented attitude.
- A team player that can also effectively work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and focused on quick and efficient turnaround.
- A focus on continuous improvement
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and investment matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!