Who we are
Founded in Chilliwack, B.C. the Westbow Group of Companies aims to build our communities through construction, realty, wealth, agriculture, and charity. Since 1977, Westbow continues to grow and expand. We are a company that prides itself on its values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We care
- We act with integrity
About the role
Reporting to the Head of the Real Estate, the Administrative Assistant will play pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Real Estate Group team. You will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks, including calendar management, communication coordination, document preparation, and more. Your ability to maintain strict confidentiality, handle multiple tasks, and take initiative will be key to your success in this role.
This is a temporary contract position expected to be 12 to 19 months.
What you’re great at
- Communicating effectively and professionally
- Handling information and maintaining confidentiality
- Prioritizing tasks and managing your time accordingly
- Taking initiative and providing solutions
What you’ll be doing
- Providing administrative support to the Real Estate Group team.
- Working directly with the Head of the Real Estate Group to support all aspects of their daily work routine.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, and proactively resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinating travel arrangements, including flights, accommodations, and transportation, while optimizing for cost and efficiency.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings to take minutes when necessary, and follow up on action items and deadlines.
- Maintain and organize important documents, reports, and records, ensuring they are easily accessible and confidential.
- Handle expense reports, reimbursements, and budget tracking for the Real Estate Group.
- Provide ad hoc support on special projects and initiatives including supporting other departments or Executives as needed.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar Administrative support role
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Post Secondary Education in an Admin or Business related field preferred
- Intermediate level proficiency with the MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Organized with the ability to efficiently manage time and a high volume of tasks
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and RRSP Matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
The pay range for this role is $24.00-$28.00 per hour.